Annapolis Walk Community Evacuated Following Gas Leak
Residents were evacuated today after a gas leak was discovered in the Annapolis Walk community.
At approximately 11:45 am, units were dispatched to Annapolis Walk community for an odor of gas.
Upon arrival units encountered a strong odor near the residences. Personnel entered 12 buildings with gas meters and found that there was gas inside. Residents were evacuated and eventually moved to the Community Center. All vehicle and foot traffic was stopped around the incident. BGE arrived at approximately 1:45 pm and began assessing the situation. At 4:30 pm, BGE had found the leak and are working on repairing. The Office of Emergency Management is working with the residents to find housing if necessary. No injuries reported at this time.
Post a Comment