Fireworks Used Inside Apartment Building in Eastport Caused Alarms to Sound, Annapolis Fire Officials Say

Use of fireworkers inside of an apartment building in Eastport caused emergency alarms to sound, Annapolis Fire Department officials said today. 

Shortly before 5pm this evening, units responded to the building located at 1190 Madison Street for a reported fire. However, upon arrival, crews investigated and found fireworks had been set off in the hallway of the building, and smoke from those fireworks caused the fire alert system to sound.  

The hallway was ventilated and alarm was reset without any damages or injuries reported.